Perhaps no dimension of Asian religous has attracted so much interest in the West, and its influence is apparent from beat poetry to deconstructive literary critisism. The essays collected in this volume, all previously unpublished, argue that our understanding of the koan tradition has been severely limited.
Shop with confidence
The authors try to undermine stereotypes and problematic interpretations by examining previously unrecognized factors in the formation of the tradition, and by highlighting the rich complexity and remarkable diversity of koan practice and literature. Review quote Those with a serious interest in the history of Zen Buddhism will find the essays collected here an invaluable resource Rating details.
Book ratings by Goodreads.
Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers with over 50 million reviews. We're featuring millions of their reader ratings on our book pages to help you find your new favourite book. Close X.
Learn about new offers and get more deals by joining our newsletter. Sign up now.
- Shop now and earn 2 points per $1.
- A management guide to logistics engineering.
- Goat Days.
- Birth, Life and Death;
Home Heine, Steven ed ; Dale S. Stock Image.
- Moral Relativism: A Reader?
- Now Eat This!: 150 of Americas Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories.
- Related books and articles.
- The Koan : Texts and Contexts in Zen Buddhism - PDF Drive;
- The Lords Garden.
- Zen Koan as a Means of Attaining Enlightenment.
Published by Oxford University Press, U. Used Condition: Good Soft cover.
The Koan: Texts and Contexts in Zen Buddhism - Google книги
Save for Later. About this title Synopsis: Koans are enigmatic spiritual formulas used for religious training in the Zen Buddhist tradition.
Dale S. Wright is at Occidental College. Store Description Moe's Books has been selling new, used, and antiquarian books for over fifty years.
- Zen Bibliography!
- Civil War II: The Coming Breakup Of America!
- Mc: Crackens Removable Partial Prosthodontics.
- Myoclonus - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References.
- Cereal grains: assessing and managing quality.
- Algebra I For Dummies (For Dummies (Math & Science))!
Our store has four floors, a separate rare book room, and over , books. We are located in the heart of Berkeley, four blocks from the University of California campus on historic Telegraph Avenue. Please check out website for more information about the store and our event information. We have many of our readings available as free audio downloads. You can also contact us with want lists or questions about our inventory.
Shipping Terms: Orders usually ship within 2 business days. Add to Wants.